Sunday, April 22, 2012

POOF Love and Relationships - How Can It All Go POOF?


I was sad today as I had to erase many special memories that will forever prove endearing . . . texts that were sent 'occasionally' from a somewhat occasionally uninhibited man.

Words that promised to never miss a day without speaking.

Conversations that seemed to last an eternity.

Words of endearment that struck to the core.

Compliments that lasted a minute . . . kisses that lasted slightly more.

Words from a man . . . who doesn't speak.

Where did the words go?

They went poof, almost as quickly as they were written.

They went poof, almost as quickly as they were felt.

Not a word was spoken . . . they just went poof!

Love is a gamble.

It is exposure.

It is vulnerability.

It is strength.

It is weakness.

The morning dew dissipates into eternity. Instantly, it is gone.

Without nurturing and time and truth, love dissipates before it begins.

I dream, I believe, I love, I live.

I don't believe in poof. I believe in closure.

Poof is the fluffiness of a dress, not the evaporation of feelings.

Poof is a newly freed balloon, not unanswered solutions to feelings.

Poof! A magician's simplicity? A cop-out?

It is magic, yet...an excuse.

It is lightening - it is over...before it actually began.

Silence is foreboding, discussion is foretelling. This I believe.

I was sad today as I had to erase beautiful memories in order to make room for new ones.

I was sad because erasure means letting go and moving on.

It means that everyday phone calls and texts and thoughts...and feelings are

well... just a memory.




Sherry Thomas
http://www.breathlessvideo.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment