Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Why I Write About Love and Relationships


Most people today wouldn't know the meaning of love if it smacked them in the face. 7 out of 10 relationship blogs I read are about cheating. Mostly asking questions like, "Is it okay to have one last fling before I get married?" "My boyfriend cheated on me, should I stay with him?" "My boyfriend hangs out with girls until 5am when I am not there, should I trust him and stay with him?" It blows me away that these girls/women even have to ask these questions and get another's opinion. Whatever happened to the mutual respect of each other in relationships? Not to mention, the respect of one's self. It breaks my heart to see so many women and even young girls seeking out this advice. I could not sit back and do nothing, so what am I doing about it? It angers me that there are people out there that would betray their significant other in such a manner. It upsets me even more that there are children watching their parents doing such things! Parents, children will imitate your behavior. Even if you think they don't understand what your saying or doing because they are too young to even begin speaking or walking - you are wrong, they do understand, they understand on a much deeper level than you and I.

So what should we do, you ask? Well first of all, stop your behavior; treat your significant other with respect. If that is just too much to ask, then get out of the relationship or seek help.

I once read on a blog that there are gray areas of cheating, meaning that in some circumstances, it's okay. I would like to know what circumstances those are; because I believe that it is NEVER okay to cheat on your significant other. It's black and white, right or wrong, and cheating is never right. Someone WILL get hurt and someone WILL be betrayed.

It is possible to have an honest, loving, healthy relationship for longer than the "honeymoon" period (which I read somewhere is 2 years in a dating relationship, not marriage). How do you do that? It's easier than you think. Of course, things will come up in your relationship, there may be things you don't agree on, misunderstandings and hurt feelings, but it's how you handle those things as a couple that will determine how you can handle the bigger things that will come.

A relationship is not all about sex, fun and feeling good. A relationship takes work, work that you must be willing to do and it's not always fun. But out of it, you do get a rewarding relationship with someone you care a lot about. There are many good things that come from having a healthy relationship built on the right grounds. And if more people cared enough about that, the world would be a much happier place.




So, back to my question - what am I doing about it? I have partnered up with relationship author Tapiwa Chitembure, author of Rage For The Justice Of Love. I write about relationship issues on my blog and actively write about his book. I have read it and truly believe that if people took more time and put more care into relationships, there would not be so much human corruption around us. I write about these things to bring more awareness to the bigger issues at hand and the seriousness of them.




0 comments:

Post a Comment