Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Eco Friendly Dating Story - Dating, Recycling, Romance, Earth Friendly Love and Relationships


Recycled clothes on a first date? Of course.

I was savoring my warm organic fair trade coffee with agave nectar and coconut milk creamer, while I looked out the window at birds hungrily eating from the feeder on my porch. Spring was in the air and the dogwood tree in my neighbors yard was beginning to burst forth into bloom. The brush was piled high in the garden plot before preparing the soil for the locally grown organic seedlings. The time to plant was was coming near, and so was guy I met online at ecodater.com. Oh my gosh! It's almost 7pm. I need to get out of these yoga pants quick!

Scurrying through the drawers of my recycled dresser, I found on the side of the road, my outfit began to come together, or so I thought. Combing through piles of thrift store skirts, and sexy organic cotton undies I decided this was the night to get really dressed up, and bring out the big enchilada. The spring sun shone through the passive solar window at the end of my long walk in closet. It was a little dark, so I flicked the switch to turn on the energy efficient fluorescent light. Now I could find that slinky sexy black and white halter dress that I found in the buy your clothes by the pound bin, at the thrift store.

After 10 minutes of searching the closet I found my favorite dress, but I had much more work to do. As I scanned the enormous shoe selection hanging on the hemp material shoe hanger on the back of my door, I realized the perfect pair would be the sustainably harvested cork platform wedgies on the bottom row. I grabbed those beauties, and headed to blast myself with water from efficient shower head I just had installed.

As I opened the medicine cabinet and found my favorite organic cosmetics scattered in with homeopathic medicines, and essential oils, I decided to go au natural. Except, of course, for my 99.9% natural facial cream and ruby red, sunflower oil, guava based lipstick. I also decided to conserve energy, and use the sun to dry my golden henna colored locks.

I went in the back yard to wait for Tony (aka I_am_green04_22_11) as the sun evaporated the water in my hair. I waited, but didn't hear a peep, until there was a knock on my door. I sashayed to the gate, and peeked around the corner. Then I realized I_am_green042211 didn't walk, or ride a horse. He had driven his silent silver colored Prius hybrid. No wonder it was so quiet.

Our eyes met. I saw his hemp pants and the wildflowers in his hands, and he walked toward me in his recycled tire sneakers. He handed me the flowers and touched my back as we started to walk. I could see the "I love mountains" and chrome recycling emblem on the back of his car. What would the night have in store with this charming eco-friendly alpha male?

He opened the door as he complimented me on my natural look and the locally harvested wood shingles on the side of my house. We drove to a close-by, cozy, independent restaurant that specializes in sustainably grown food from local farmers. For starters, we ordered a bottle of fine organic Cabernet, early hoop house tomatoes with goat cheese (from a local farmer) drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkling of Himalayan salt and red pepper. After that, we shared locally raised chicken served with a side of WV honey and fresh peanut butter sauce.

After we got to know the menu, we got to know more about each other, and our blue~green earth. We talked about organic crop production, and the importance of buying locally grown food. We then discussed the problems of water contamination and loss of wildlife habitat caused from mountaintop removal.

He proposed plans of our 2nd date. Tony wanted to take a ride to Blackwater Falls and have a picnic before we went to see the windmills in Mount Storm. I told him that those windmills always bring tears to my eyes. He said he would wipe away my tears. It sounds like a perfect date.

Love your mother. Love yourself. Love dating.




Please check out http://DinaZColada.com and sign her mailing list for free goodies.

Dina Z Colada is the owner of Amazing You Now. She teaches confidence and will help you release past traumas through Reiki, Oneness Blessings, EFT, Meditations and Positive Affirmations. Dina is a Life and Dating Coach, Meditation Guide on Selfgrowth.com, Speaker, Writer, Life Designer, and Reiki Master, who teaches and speaks in group settings. She will help you discover and uncover an Amazing You Now! "In the Spirit of Success" a book filled with inspiring stories, featuring Dina Z Colada, Deepak Chopra, Esther and Jerry Hick, Dr Wayne Dyer, Sandy Forster, Neale Donald Walsch, Mark Victor Hansen and others is due for release in November 2011. Feel free to sign up for her free newsletter at http://www.amazingyounow.com. Please contact her for questions, comments or if you would like any of the services she offers, you can reach her at dinazcolada@gmail.com or you can call her personal number 304-871-4653.




0 comments:

Post a Comment